The areas of services on offer are listed below. Facilities resist and respond to accidents in a multi-system and multi-discipline manner and mobilising residual strength beyond first yield. A Multi–system, multi–discipline, risk- and integrity based approach is used in order to achieve optimum solutions at low cost, unless the Client prefers a different method. Projects often involve more than one service area, which is illustrated by Project References and Case Studies.
Service Areas and Disciplines Offered
Sava has a working knowledge of safety standards of all the oil and gas majors and legislations in the United Kingdom, Norway, Denmark, The Netherlands, Australia, Canada, Malaysia, Algeria, Mexico, Russia and Nigeria.
Sava’s work is cost–efficient because he knows safety solutions that work. For example, in many cases he does not need to perform complex consequence analyses which may be time and resource consuming. He can simply retrieve the resistance of structures, equipment and other objects to explosions and fires from Petrellus’ databases, which we have developed during the last 30 years based on tests, accident investigations, observations and complex verified analyses.
The Services include:
- Assessment and engineering for compliance with COMAH Regulations
- Assessment of Prevention of Fire and Explosion, and Emergency Response (PFEER)
- Assessment of Project Risks
- Chairman of HAZOPs and HAZID/ALARP Studies
- Concept Safety Evaluations, Formal Safety Assessments and preparation of Safety Cases
- Escape, Evacuation, Rescue and Recovery Analysis (EERRA)
- Facility Safety Evaluations
- Fire and Explosion Risk Assessment
- Fire Safety Studies
- Preparation of Corporate and Project Risk Criteria, and Safety Philosophies
- Preparation of Safety Management Systems
- Quantitative Risk Assessments and development of rule sets for QRAs
- Loss prevention reviews of the facility technical safety to reflect assessment of risks and facilitation of Loss Prevention Review Workshops
- Review and design of harmonised response of facilities and personnel
- Site surveys
- Standards- and risk-based design, engineering and assessments of Safety Critical Elements and systems (safety barriers) and determination of their Performance Standards
- Supervision and witnessing of testing of Safety Critical Elements
- Advanced analysis
- Analysis and design of resistance of offshore and onshore facilities to accidental and seismic loads
- Fire and Explosion Protection Optimisation
- Fire and Gas Detection Mapping
- Integrity of plant and structures
- Plant availability studies and assessment of deliverability of hydrocarbon production
- Risk and Scenario Based Design
- Safety aspects of operations in arctic conditions and means of evacuation
- Safety aspects of Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPs) of production, drilling and construction
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Assessments and Layers of Protection Analyses (LOPA)
- Thermodynamic-mechanical depressurisation studies of pressure systems
Technical Management and Verification
- Damage Investigation
- Due Diligence
- Independent Verification
- Peer Reviews
- Project Management
- Quality and Technical Audits
International Standards and Guidance
Participation in International Standards and Guidance Preparation
- SAFERELNET Thematic Network to provide safe and cost-effective solutions for industrial products, systems, facilities and structures across various industrial sectors (Project Duration 2001 – 2006).
- Health and Safety Laboratory (United Kingdom) Report No. PS/00/09, Review of Current Knowledge and Future Requirements for Assessment of the Response of Pressurised Process Vessels and Pipework to Fire Attack.
- Health and Safety Executive (United Kingdom) Offshore Technology Report – OTO 2000 051, Review of the Response of Pressurised Process Vessels and Equipment to Fire Attack.
- Fire and Blast Information Group (FABIG), FABIG Technical Note 3, Use of Ultimate Strength Techniques for Fire Resistant Design of Offshore Structures.
- FABIG Technical Note 8, Protection of Piping Systems to Fires and Explosions.
- Project Manager of FABIG 1994 and 1995.
Training Courses, Seminars and Conferences
- Continual Professional Development (CPD) Courses on risk assessment and safety engineering.
- Technical presentations to Lloyds Register, Kellogg Brown and Root, WM Kellogg, Bechtel, FABIG and the members of the SAFERELNET project.
- Authored, co-authored and presented 30+ papers at conferences and seminars such as ESREL, ASME, OMAE, ERA, SAFERELNET, CISAP, ONGC and RQR.